Improve English & sound polished by replacing ‘very’
An average person is estimated to know only about 6-12% of the entire vocabulary of words in the English language! What is even more surprising is that we don’t even use a lot of the words that we know. More often than not, we tend to use qualifiers such as “very” and “more” with other words to describe things that could have been better described using other words – very tired instead of exhausted, very happy instead of elated, very fast instead of quick from youtube music.
One forgets words as one forgets names. One’s vocabulary needs constant fertilizing or it will die.
– Evelyn Waugh
The problem with using “very” is that it makes you appear lazy zdfneo mediathek herunterladen. It makes you appear less smart. Mediocre. So leverage the power of English language and don’t get “very” addicted!
Here we present 10 simple words that you should use instead of using the qualifier “very”.
2. Replace Very Tasty with Delicious
4. Replace Very Pretty with Gorgeous
6. Replace Very Valuable with Precious
8. Replace Very Scared with Petrified
10. Replace Very Stupid with Idiotic
12. Replace Very Fast with Quick
14. Replace Very Big with Immense
16. Replace Very Capable with Accomplished
17. Replace Very Conventional with Conservative
18. Replace Very Fierce with Ferocious
19. Replace Very Risky with Perilous